Friday, July 1, 2011

3 am

The bed called to me as if
deeply hidden in the sea of sights and
sounds, the trecherous waves taming for no
one. I looked at my pillow, in the
adjoining room, soft and serene, like that first
love you can never forget. The zebra patterned
pillowcase embedding itself into my partially concious
mind. The cold air playing on my skin
only made me long for the warm
blue blanket to bind my body as I
would fall into the darkness to attend
my nightfall activity. The televisons harsh lights flashed
from fire red to ferocious blues, making
me long for the darkness to encroach upon me.
The sounds blaring from the bruised and
battered speakers seemed to beckon my mind to
the quiet solitary comfort of the room
next door. The remote, silver in the dim
light, sat unaggrivated, aimed at the annoying
screen that rested near the edge of the
door. The dark chesnut door that would
lead to a deep peaceful night. I turned
off the noisemaker, nulling the painful rythm
and forcing the lights to nap in their
pixels, quiet, dark and still. I stood,
making my way through the doorway and to
my melodiously quiet room which now seemed
miraculously alive as I went to perform my
nightly ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment