Friday, July 1, 2011

Draft version 1 of Fresh Meat. (I liked em enough XP)

The chains on my ankles tinkled like the ice in a drink when the drinks left them.
"So, Miss Jacobs, why did you do it?" The prison psychiatrist asked as she scribbled on her legal pad.
"Do what? Kill my daddy?" I said as I raise my shackled hands to itch my ear, taking count of the guards at the door. There were two and they weren't all that tough looking.
"Yes"
"Because he's an asshole" I said as I looked out the barred window, the lone window on the bare wall.
"How so?"
"Look lady, you want my story or not?" I said turning back to look at her.
"Go on"
"You have to understand that bastard was just like Jesus, he just wouldn't lay down and die." I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees. "I have been trying to kill my daddy ever since my momma died."
"Yes I see your mother passed away a little over a year ago. You were under full custody with her correct?"
"Yeah" I flicked my nose with my knuckle. "You gunna keep interrupting my thought process or can we wait on your scrutiny till the end?"
"I'm sorry Miss Jacobs, continue." She said as she scribbled that damn pen on that fucking legal pad.
"It's Anabell" I said, thinking back to the now cold corpse who punished me with his name. "It was a rainy day when I first decided I would kill my father. He killed my dog scouts cause she wouldn't  stop barking at him for beating me. I loved that dog. She was the last true friend I had and he just killed her." I readjusted in my seat. "I tried a shotgun first, figured it could rip him a new one. Flesh wound, I missed but that didn't make my life any easier just made his mood sour for the next few weeks." I chuckled then. He wouldn't be drinking anymore. "My momma was a strong woman. Real southern cowgirl. I was so happy when she left my daddy. So happy he wouldn't be putting me to bed or helping me bathe anymore."
"Your parents divorced when you were 6 right?" The psychiatrist said.

1 comment:

  1. fantastic story.
    Join Poets Rally today,
    We value your talent.
    Cheers.
    Happy July 4TH!

    ReplyDelete